Monday 1 February 2010

Alfred George Edward Keates; My Grandad

My Grandad died in November of last year, I had always been close to him and I was lost when he died. He had had cancer & been ill for quite a while. I will always remember his stories about his life & how he had been a prisoner of war. He loved gardening & had a lovely garden full of flowers and vegetables.

I decided to create a lasting tribute to his memory it's funny because he had always been a fan of mine and loved it when I made him personal cards for Birthdays and other occassions. He was so proud of me and was always telling his friends and anyone who would listen about my art.

I created four Altered cards from digital collages with photographs of my Grandad, vintage buttons, keys, paper butterflies and  feathers to be I then scanned my work and they were printed in his funerals order of service.

'I found that I could do anything that I really wanted to do if I put my mind to it'
Alfred Keates

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate him- he was lucky to have you to be proud of too, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes what a beautiful and special way to celebrate him,I feel the same way about my Grandad,who passed away many years ago,he certainly was lucky to have such a talented Grandaughter and you certainly lucky to have shared the special years together,and the memories you hold close to your heart,beckyx

    ReplyDelete